LAND SHARK CUTTER LS-1
The LAND SHARK CUTTER™ has been designed and developed by the professionals at Special Service and Supply to fill an important need for a strong, light weight, powerful, easily controllable, self contained heavy duty extrication and rescue cutter which eliminates the need for power packs, external pumps or batteries.
- The LAND SHARK CUTTER™, is designed to efficiently deal with tough rescue applications and incorporates many unique features not found in other cutter.
- The LAND SHARK CUTTER™ is Made in the USA.
- The LAND SHARK CUTTER™ works equally well, both on land or under water. The LAND SHARK CUTTER™ and its accompanying pump and controls are designed to operate under water, unlike battery and engine powered hydraulic cutters.
- The LAND SHARK CUTTER™ has jaws that open a full 5½” to accept the largest vehicle door and roof posts. The combination of 10,000 pounds of hydraulic pressure, and exclusive tapered jaw design, combine forces to easily slice thru vehicle “A”, “B”, and “C” posts of vehicles, roofs, steel, aluminum, titanium, fiberglass and other materials to facilitate rapid extrication of accident and machinery entrapment victims.
- The LAND SHARK CUTTER™ jaws are operated with the use of a simple foot operated positive control valve, located on the air/hydraulic pump, leaving both of the operator’s hands free to position and control the tool, eliminating the confusion, instability and loss of cutting tool control associated with handle operated controls.
- The LAND SHARK CUTTER™ utilizes an exclusive air/hydraulic power system or hand pump, eliminating the need for gas or diesel powered generators, hydraulic pumps, or long hydraulic hoses along with their associated starting and maintenance problems, or the need to carry spare fuel cans, tripping hazards and batteries and chargers required by other cutters.
- The LAND SHARK CUTTER™ provides virtually silent operation thru its air/hydraulic pump and optional hand pump, which promotes safety and efficient scene control, permitting communication between rescue personnel without requiring shouting or hand signals. Lower noise levels at the scene reduce the stress on accident victims and rescue personnel. The air/hydraulic pump operates from SCBA cylinders, SCUBA tanks or on board vehicle air systems. The air/hydraulic pump can also be powered by a vehicle’s CAFS system or air brake system.
- The LAND SHARK CUTTER™ is the only hydraulic cutter designed for rescue cutting operations above ground, in confined spaces, below grade level and underwater. The “exhaust” from the air/hydraulic pump operating from a breathing air cylinder is clean breathable air, eliminating the worry about exhaust fumes, asphyxiation, ignition sources, electric shock and air pollution associated with other tools.
- The LAND SHARK CUTTER ™ is the only hydraulic cutter designed to be self contained in it’s operation. The optional light weight aluminum high pressure two stage hand operated pump provides the rescuer with the ability to operate the LAND SHARK CUTTER without any external power supply in those situations where external power supplies are not available or are not a desirable option. The aluminum hand operated pump complies with ANSI/ASME B30.1 Safety Standard for hydraulic operated equipment.
For those situations where the air/hydraulic pump is desired, the rugged factory preset air regulator is manufactured to (Compressed Gas Association) CGA Standards. The regulator operates on any air supply cylinder equipped with a CGA valve supplying air pressure from 150 P.S.I. to 6,000 P.S.I. without requiring any adjustment by the operator. The air regulator incorporates a safety relief valve complying with CGA standards to prevent over pressurization of regulator, hose and the air/hydraulic pump.
The air/hydraulic pump is operated by moving the positive positioning, three way, foot or hand operated control valve. The operation control valve is provided with a center “off” position which prevents inadvertent opening or closing of the LAND SHARK CUTTER™. A 10,000 P.S.I. hydraulic pressure relief valve meeting ANSI/ASME B30.1 safety standards, is incorporated into the air/hydraulic pump to prevent over pressurization of the LAND SHARK CUTTER™ and hoses.
The LAND SHARK CUTTER™ extrication tool is fully self contained unit when powered by the optional manually operated two stage hand hydraulic pump that provides up to 10,000 P.S.I. of operating pressure for those applications where self contained operation is desired or air supply sources are not readily available. With either hydraulic power system, the LAND SHARK CUTTER™ meets or exceeds ANSI/ASME B30.1 safety standards for hydraulic operated equipment.
The LAND SHARK CUTTER™ extrication tool has been designed to keep the weight and size of the tool to the absolute minimum necessary to provide the greatest amount of cutting force, reliability and ease of operation.
The LAND SHARK CUTTER™ features include:
- Length: 28 3/4"
- Width at widest point: 6 1/2"
- Depth of cut: 5 1/4"
- Cutting Force (at tip of blades), exceeds 35,000 pounds per square inch
- Weight: 30.8 pounds
- Operating Pressure: 10,000 P.S.I.
- Hydraulic fluid: safe mineral oil
- Controls: Positive lever, foot or hand operated
- Handles: Ergonomic for positive tool control
- Operation: True one person operation
- Safety Standards: Meets or exceeds ANSI/ASME B30.1 Safety Standard for hydraulic tools
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty on hydraulic cylinder
Complete set shipping weight: 80 lbs. Ships via FedEx Ground ®.